Monday, August 25, 2008

Thankyou Kahless

Actually...thank you to beautiful dreamer as well.

After that last post, I had the weekend to mull things over. So...I did. It wasnt particularly easy...but really not that difficult either, to decide not to go. It was a little harder to tell my husband...however, that ended up being in my own mind.

I told him late yesterday that I didnt want to go. I said that it would just cause to make me a little crazy....and he said...." a lot crazy you mean".

I dont give him enough credit, and I know this for certain now. The discussion went further into the fact that he cannot read my mind, and he is never sure what it is that I really want or dont want. I can see this you know. I dont doubt for a moment what he was telling me, and it makes me feel terrible that I would even put him in this postion. I know he doesnt really understand the impact that my youth had on me, but I do know he is aware that I can get pretty off kilter pretty damn easy.

Several years ago, we travelled a full 2 days of straight driving to go home to visit. (yes..thats how long it takes to drive) I stayed overnight after arriving around dinner time, and wanted to leave early the next morning. We did leave, and he didnt scold or berate me in any way for that, so on most levels, he tries to be accomodating.

I did tell him that I would be glad to book a flight for him to go on his own, but he declined. He said he didnt mind not going at all....and that we would get pictures. My god...I make such mountains out of mole hills sometimes.....no...all the time!

Anyhow...thankyou Kahless. Without your responses to the previous posts, I most likely wouldnt have given the entire thing much thought. I am beginning to think there is a part of me, that causes this kind of drama...just to further punish myself. Something like that anyway, but whatever it is, I have to take a good look at it.

8 comments:

Kahless said...

It wasnt a mountain out of a molehill. It was a real big concern and you faced it and discussed it with your husband and things worked out.

Congratulations.

So dont beat yourself up; pat yourself on the back. You did fantastic!

I worry incessantly about 'little' things. Cant stop fretting about my new boss starting. So I know what it is like.

xx.

Deb said...

The whole going home to your family scenario weighed heavily on your mind, and so as Kahless said, it wasn't making a mountain out of a molehill at all. You're the only one who knows how things affect you; if others don't understand it doesn't necessarily mean you're simply being dramatic.

How wonderful to have learned that your hubby is supportive, that in spite of all he doesn't know about your childhood, he still is able to discern that some things make you absolutely wretched.

Now, treat yourself to something special during the time you would have spent traveling to your old turf: even if it's simply a relaxing soak in the tub with lit candles, or reading a good book, etc. You deserve it! You made an intelligent, healthy decision. You took the power out of your family's hands, and that is no small feat indeed.

Beauty
bdreamer.squarespace.com

jumpinginpuddles said...

wel ldone for saying no this isnt working for me you can choose to go on your own and i choose to stay home. Notice the word choose WELL DONE

jumpinginpuddles said...

please see http://lifespacings.blogspot.com/2008/09/good-bye-after-five-years.html

Spilling Ink said...

I don't think it was a molehill, either. Good for you for taking care of yourself!

jumpinginpuddles said...

and please see teh second part of the story

http://lifespacings.blogspot.com/2008/09/truth-about-what-really-went-on-that.html

Kahless said...

How are you doing Casey???

Long time missing from blogland...

jumpinginpuddles said...

heeeelllllooooo where are you?