Friday, April 3, 2009

HE IS BACK, AND OTHER NEWS

My brother is back for another month...another glorious month. I enjoy him so much, and I think he likes having time to spend with hubby and I too. My poodle loves him so much it appears, and I may have to watch he doesnt try and sneak her into his duffel bag when he leaves.

I have been around...reading all of my blog friends posts. Just feeling quiet again I suppose. JIP is going through so much it seems...and I wish there were something I could do. Beauty as well...but she is so introspective and I think through her blog..much like Austin, they figure it out along the way. All of you...Kahless, Lynn...so many. I am inspired by you.

Recently, I have returned to some American progressive blogs...mostly in Alaska. As a Canadian, I suppose it should be of no consequence to me....but Sarah Palin is such a car wreck its difficult not to watch. You should see the shenanigans she is up to now. Whoa Nelly.

I would be a democrat were I American, but I have to admit that in early September it looked like Palin might have "something". The more I read the worse it got. Then her interviews with the "gotcha"media like 'Charles Gibson and Katie Couric just did me in.

Some really terrible things have been happening in Alaska in recent days. One major item is the outing of a wonderful blogger who goes by mudflats. She had stated since the early days of her blog that she wished to remain anonymous and she has that right. Her blog although critical of Palin, has also been unbiased when it came to faux pas that a dem might have made. She brooks no nonsense on the blog....and refuses to allow her readers/posters to get into the tin foil hat mentality.

That said...she took to task, a democratic representative in Alaska, in December, because of his snarky emails to constituents and other americans about certain events like troopergate. Google will give you all you need to know if interested about that.

Anyhow, Rep. Mike Doogan of Alaska, wanted payback. So he has spent the last 4 months tracking down who "mudflats" is. He outed her on the Alaska Democratic website in a newsletter to this constituents. He didnt have any idea why mudflats wanted to be anonymous.

Perhaps she had an ex husband who was looking for her. Perhaps she was a business owner. Perhaps anything. Most of all....the rabid right in the States is becoming more than hateful. Death threats and ugly ugly comments have been thrown at other bloggers for making a less that wonderful statement about Sarah Palin.

The backlash has been huge...on both sides. There is the chance of an ethics complaint against this representative....and the question of the right to anonymous free speech has arisen again.

The Federalist papers well over a hundred years ago, were written anonomosly. Jefferson...Adams...many more wrote using pen names, because they understood well that if a certain segment of people didnt like what you said,, it could be dangerous for you.

Mudflats has had lots of support. I am thankful for that, but I am angry that her family has been put in such a place in the first place.

Many republicans are still very angry about the election of Obama. There is much work to be done, and I believe he is at least trying. Did they expect he could personally fix things completely since Jan. 20? Has he made a few mistakes? Probably.

All I know is that when I watched him on tv at the G20 there was none of the dread one usually felt for the last 8 years. You know...the feeling of "what in the world is this guy going to say or do now to humiliate his countryman.

OK...enough political ranting. lol....if you would like, just check mudflats out.

7 comments:

Kahless said...

I like it when you post. I wish you would post more often ;-)

The G20.

Oooh I could rant. I am a banker, though I dont work in London. It is shameful that some people have attacked banks in protest whilst the G20 talk. The average Joe Blog banker is an ordinary citizen and doesnt deserve to be intimidated. Actually I should post about this soon.

Sorry it is late in the UK and I am pissed!

Casey said...

Thank you Kahless...for liking that I post. It makes me feel heard.

I would love to hear your views or rants re: the banking issues. You are right....there are many who just work in them..they arent responsible for the mess. Its the crap that went on under the radar so to speak...and although all countries have some share of blame...deregulation in the states is a huge issue.

Our banking laws in Canada are much different than the US...so our banks are in good shape. Its our manufacturing and oil industry that is mostly taking a beating.

I dont have a lot invested...and certainly I dont play stocks. However...what I do have invested is solid to date anyhow. I have mutual funds...and I go low risk.

Please Kahless...post your rant...I would really like to hear your viewpoint.

Laurie

Ethereal Highway said...

I like it when you post, too. I hope you have a nice time with your brother.

Just Be Real said...

Casey, thank you for posting. Seems you really enjoy your brother's company and even your dog too, that is wonderful!
Post when you can.
Blessings.

jumpinginpuddles said...

oh we so like ti also when you post, we will do ok its easter it sucks but this is progress even if it is painful.

We are glad your bro is back

as for palin oh my god what a wacko i reckon shes been sitting in wacky tabacky huts to be that crazy

BBC said...

I've never heard Sarah Palin being described as a car wreck, you're being to kind to the twit.

If you really understood Americans and their politics I don't think you would be a Democrat, they are no better than the Republican's.

Actually, it's just a messy house of mirrors that we need to blow up and rebuild before it takes us down.

But I suppose it's too late for that and we don't have the weapons needed to remove our government because it is in charge of them.

I'd go hide in Canada with those fun and crazy Canadians but it's too damn cold there in the winter.

Take care. Bill

Casey said...

Hey Bill....thank you for visiting.

lol...Sarah Palin...she gives me a laugh every day.

Truthfully...you are correct re: repub or dem. I used to vote conservative in Canada...until they joined themselves to the Canuck version of the neo con movement. The evangelist types. That crap has no place in government.

Governments everywhere leave a lot to be desired...

I am glad to hear you like Canadians. I like Americans too...although we both have nutcases abounding I am sure.

You have one hell of a good day Bill!

Laurie